The Winona community is invited to help solve the Stair Wars at the Winona Arts Center – lack of wheel chair accessibility to our Historic building with a Star Wars Classics themed fundraiser at the WAC on Saturday, January 30th from 2:15 pm-10:30 pm.
Admission to this fundraising/awareness raising event is by donation to WAC’s Accessibility Fund. Please support this effort to make our building barrier-free and adapted to fulfill the needs of everyone equally so all in Winona and those visiting our community may enjoy our arts events. The arts have the ability uplift ones spirits, allow us to experience our cultural heritage, and especially at the Winona Arts Center, celebrate the talents of the Winona community. Making the Winona Arts Center wheel chair accessible is long over due.
Come see one or all films – or just drop by to donate and participate in the Lasagna dinner (5:00-6:30pm) served by Blue Heron. Menu – $12: Lasagna & bread, salad, cookie or Dessert from 7:30-8:30pm. Donations may also be sent to the WAC Accessibility Fund, 228 East 5th Street, Winona, MN 55987. As a 501c3 Non-profit organization donations to WAC are tax deductible.
- “Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope,”showing at 3:00pm, doors open at 2:15pm.Written and directed by George Lucas, 1977, 2 hours, 1 min. Stars: Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher.
- Dinner: 5:00-6:30pm in lower level (Served by Blue Heron -$12: Lasagna & bread, salad, cookie) BYOB if you like.
- “Star Wars: Episode V Empire Strikes Back,” showing at 6:00pm. Directed by Irvin Kersher 1980, 2 hours, 4 mins.
- Dessert: 7:30-8:30pm in lower level, treats, coffee & tea. BYOB if you like.
- “Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi,” showing at 8:30pm.Directed by Richard Marquand, 1983, 2 hours 11 min