Saturday | June 9 | 4pm
First Congregational Church of Winona | 161 W Broadway
This month the First Congregational Church of Winona in cooperation with the Southeast Minnesota Chapter of the American Guild of Organists will launch a summer organ recital series featuring performances by some of the finest organists in the Tri-State area. Two recitals will be played in each month of June, July and August on the church’s recently refurbished 1929 Casavant organ.
The first of those six recitals will be performed by Ryan Hulshizer. Admission to all recitals is by a freewill offering. Our first guest performer, Ryan Hulshizer, hails from the Northwood, IA area. He has been a church organist since the age of 9. Following high school, Ryan traveled to Freiburg, Germany where he built pipe organs for Jaeger-Brommer Orgelbau, as well as serving as a church organist at the Christuskirche in Freiburg. Ryan graduated from Luther College in Decorah, IA in 2006 with a double major in Business Management and Music. He is a sought-after church organist in Northeastern Iowa and Southeastern Minnesota, an is the principle organist at Our Savior’s Lutheran Church in Austin, MN.
The remaining concerts in the series will be:
- Saturday June 23rd at 4PM featuring Dr. James Hammann, Music Director of St. Mathew’s by the Bridge Episcopal Church in Iowa Fall, IA
- Saturday July 7th at 4PM featuring Brian Williams, Director of Music at Calvary Episcopal Church in Rochester, MN
- Saturday, July 21st at 4PM featuring Jeffery Daehn, Retired Mayo Clinic Carillonneur in Rochester, MN
- Saturday August 4th at 4PM featuring Sue Fortner, Organist at First Presbyterian Church in a Crosse, WI
- Saturday August 18th at 4PM featuring John Mulyck, Freelance Organist in Winona, MN
Steve Bachler (Café Congo) is a member of the River Arts Alliance. To learn more about the benefits of membership, please visit: riverartsalliance.org/JOIN.