Join River Arts Alliance and Winona Park & Recreation for the 9th annual Family Art Day on Saturday, September 3, 2016 from 10 am to 2 pm in the Jaycees Pavilion in beautiful Lake Park.
Family Art Day is a free, interactive art adventure for ALL AGES that will engage your imagination and open up possibilities for fun and discovery! This is just one event that River Arts Alliance offers the Winona area that demonstrates its commitment to arts education, appreciation for public art, and community engagement.
Participants will register at the information table and will then choose a variety of activities:
- Fish Prints with Dirk Nelson
- Sculpture with Michelle Cochran
- Finger painting with John Durfey
- Kosmic Knots with Tom Dukich
- Book Arts with Jill Krase
- Bow drill a shell for a necklace with Patty Albrecht
- Murals with Julia Crozier
- Acrylics with Barb Feiten
- Puppets with Jill Marie Piggott
- Mosaics with Monta May
- Thrown pottery with Anne Scott Plummer, Mary Denzer, Mickey Maslowski, John Bloomfield, and Sue Pariseau
- Clay sculpture with Emerald Hulsing
- Masks with Julie Johnston
- Weaving with Kathie Peterson
- Wood and Wire Sculpture with Jamie Schell
- Tattoos with Heather Casper from Minnesota Marine Art Museum
- Giant Bubbles with Ramona Redig and Robert Aldrich
- Hats with Amy Peterson
- Cartooning with Mary Singer
- Sing alongs with Amanda Grace
- Watercolors with Kathy Delano
And it’s not just for kids! For more information or to volunteer, contact Vicki Englich, 454-1215.
This activity is made possible by the voters of Minnesota through a grant from the Southeastern Minnesota Arts Council thanks to a legislative appropriation from the arts & cultural heritage fund.