April 21 through May 1
The Page Theatre will offer virtual residency activities with San Francisco’s Leela Dance Collective April 21 through May 1. Leela’s dancers are joined by two of the country’s leading tap artists, Michelle Dorrance and Dormeshia, in their project SPEAK. Throughout their virtual residency, the artists will share about their art, their culture, and their experiences, through workshops, master classes, and artist talks.
- Tuesday, April 21 at 5 pm: Kathak and Tap Master Class
- Wednesday, April 22 at Noon: A Page in History
- Thursday, April 23 at 4 pm: Tap Master Class for fast beginner/intermediate dancers
- Thursday, April 23 at 5 pm: Introduction to Kathak Workshop (all ages and abilities)
- Friday, April 24 at 1 pm: The Music of SPEAK
- Friday, April 24 at 5:30 pm: Virtual Happy Hour and Tap Jam
- Monday, April 27 at 1 pm: The Guru-Shishya Parampara & Oral Traditions in Indian Classical Arts
- Monday, April 27 at 5 pm: Tap Master Class for intermediate/advanced dancers
- Tuesday, April 28 at 7:30 pm: Upaj: Improvise Film Screening and Q&A
- Wednesday, April 29 at 2 pm: Women in Dance Panel Discussion
- Thursday, April 30 at 5 pm: Introduction to Kathak Workshop for dancers
- Friday, May 1 at 7:30 pm: SPEAK Virtual Performance and Q&A
The Performance Center at Saint Mary’s University is a member of the River Arts Alliance. To learn more about the benefits of membership, please visit: riverartsalliance.org/JOIN.