Photos of Family Art Day 2018 courtesy of Anna VanDemark.
Family Art Day: Create, Explore, Discover!
Saturday | September 1 | 10am-2pm
Jaycee Pavilion | East Lake | Winona
The River Arts Alliance is proud to present the 11th annual of Family Art Day! This ever-popular event allows participants of all ages and abilities to try their hand a variety of art forms. The event is free and open to all.
Participating Artists and Activities Include:
- Pottery Wheelthrowing! with Anne Plummer, Michelle Maslowski, Teresa Schumaker, Mary Denzer, Tanya Corcoran
- Weaving with Kathie Peterson
- Beaded Bracelets with Jennifer Weaver
- Modeling Clay with Michelle Cochran
- Pool Noodle Puppets with Jill Marie’s Puppets
- Fingerpainting with John Durfey
- Acrylic Painting with Julie Johnston and Barb Feiten
- Puppet Making with Doctor Bob’s Puppets
- Fish Printing (Gyotaku) with Dirk Nelson/ RiverBed Press at Winona Arts Center
- Drumming with Lance Ngari
- Design your Own Puzzle with Brianna Haupt
- Paper Stained Glass with Jill Krase/ Ovenbird Bindery
- Mask Making with Catherine Cleary
- Make Art with Paper with Linda Sue and Dan Eastman
- Cartooning with Mary Singer
- Kosmic Knots with Tom Dukich
- Marble Painting with the Minnesota Marine Art Museum
- Poi Workshop (Dancing) with Ignite Movement Arts
- Mosaics with Sarah Johnson
- Murals with Julia Crozier
- Native American Jewelry Making with Patty Albrecht
- Hmong Cross Stitch with Pang Vang
- Magic Scratch Offs with Minnesota Conservatory of Arts *(on the bus!)
- Big Bubbles with Winona Parks and Recreation
This event will occur rain or shine! Rubio’s Mexican Restaurant be at the event with their food truck selling Mexican food.
This event is FREE and open to all ages and abilities.
River Arts Alliance is providing a FREE bus to this event with Winona Transit Service. See the special route map. (Click on image for printable map.)
Volunteers are needed! Please contact Heather Casper, firstname.lastname@example.org, if YOU can help!