2020 Winona Virtual Art Walk
Opens Saturday, November 21, 2020
Winona area artists are invited to apply to participate in the 20th Annual Winona Art Walk. Because this year’s event is only online, there are several important differences in the way that it will be organized. See the guidelines below for more details.
This event is a project of the River Arts Alliance. Applications should be submitted on-line and instructions for uploading two print-quality photos will be provided. The photos should be representative of the artist’s work. There is no requirement to include submitted works in the event. Selected photos will used for promotion, based on the discretion of the graphic designer. Submitted photos will be used to judge the artists on their creative and artistic pieces. The art must be created by the person participating in the event.
IMPORTANT: The deadline to submit both the application and your photos is October 5, 2020.
Participation Fee – The $60 fee will cover the cost of setting up the dedicated website and each artist’s individual page on the site along with promotional costs. Payment will be collected upon your acceptance into the Art Walk. RAA will promote the event through e-blasts, the RAA website, the RAA and Winona Art Walk Facebook pages, press releases, and other advertising methods.
Some Simple Guidelines –
- Provide names and email addresses of people that you would like to add to the e-blast list. Email your list to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reach out to customers through emails, phone calls, texts, and/or social media. Share the posts from the Winona Art Walk Facebook page.
- Think about ways you can make the opening day special. We can share your Zoom and Facebook Live links. Consider offering a special discount or value add for orders placed on that day.
- The photos you submit should be limited to work you currently have for sale. Provide a title for each photo. You may include pricing at your discretion. We will list your contact information and you will handle all sales and related communication.
- You will be asked to review and approve your individual web page before the site goes live on November 21.