Great River Writes Presents the NaNoWriMo Creative Writing and Local Author Fair
The NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) Creative Writing and Local Author Fair presented by Great River Writes is back! The Winona Public Library is looking for local book authors to have a booth at the fair and/or hold a 20-minute writing workshop.
The NaNoWriMo Creative Writing and Local Author Fair presented by Great River Writes will take place on Saturday, November 3rd from 10am-12pm at the Winona Public Library. Authors are allowed to sell, sign, and visit with people about their books at the fair. Authors doing workshops must get the workshop pre-approved by the Library.
- All book genre authors are invited to have a booth but space is limited. (Only 12 available spots.)
- There are only four slots available for creative writing workshops.
- Authors must live within a one-hour radius of Winona, MN.
- This is a free event. The library will not pay a fee to the author, and the author will not pay a fee to participate.
- Authors may come set-up their area between 9-10AM on Saturday, November 3rd.
- Each author will have a 2 ½ x 5-foot table.
- Workshop proposals can range in topic. Examples of workshops include Poetry Writing, Memoir Writing, Short Stories, Fantasy and Sci-Fi writing, etc.
- Authors will not be allowed to submit a workshop proposal after 5PM on Monday, October 1st.
- Authors are mentioned in promotional items if applications are submitted by 5PM on Monday, October 1st. Authors signing up for a booth after this date will qualify under “And More” on all PR.
To participate in the fair, please use the following link and fill out the necessary information: tinyurl.com/WPLAuthorRoundTable. If you have any questions, please contact the Reference Department at the Winona Public Library at (507) 452-4860.