Thursday | October 18 | 7:00pm
Winona Public Library
Are you a local fashionista? Are you a creative idea thinker? Do you think you have what it takes to create an entire outfit out recycled materials? Now is your chance to try it out during the Winona Public Library’s Trashion Show where design teams can show off outfits completely made of recycled materials.
Here are the rules:
- The library will provide all design teams with two trash bags to use in the outfit.
- All outfits must be made using recycled materials which can be found in the region.
- Outfits must be safe and clean. Do not use glass, Styrofoam, food waste, or wood.
- For binding the outfit, teams may use glue (hot, school, or mod podge), tape (masking, scotch, or duct), or string (yarn, string, or twine).
- During the Trashion Show, clothes must be worn under all creations.
- Your design team may include 1 to 3 people with only one Trashion Show Model.
- Registration to enter the show will be open now through Thursday, October 11th.
To register for the trashion show go to, https://tinyurl.com/WPLTrashion or call the Library’s Reference Desk at (507) 452-4860. All participants must submit the details of their outfit by Thursday, October 11th at https://tinyurl.com/WPLTrashionDets. (This is so descriptions of the outfit can be read during the show.) The official Trashion Show will be held on Thursday, October 18th in the Winona Public Library’s Central Exchange Room.
The City of Winona is a partner of the River Arts Alliance.